The Account Supervisor is a leadership team position and has direct impact on client and team success. Hatch is a special place, made up of curious, real and relentless individuals. As a company, we thrive on a good challenge and have created a supportive environment for learning, growth and fun.
Account Supervisors are responsible for supervising teams and managing annual budgets across several accounts. They are responsible for the success of teams and accounts – including day-to-day direction and oversight, ongoing communications programs, staffing, team health, managing budget, and billing. In addition, they participate in the continued success of the agency through mentoring, and formal career coaching within the agency.
Founded in 2012, The Hatch Agency is a communications agency representing companies, products and people that change the way we live, work and play. Hatch works directly with the founders, entrepreneurs, CEOs and their teams who are turning over apple carts and disrupting markets with their ideas and innovations. We work with companies and people we believe in, who we can learn from and grow with, and who are as passionate about what they do as we are. We are fortunate to work with an incredible group of companies: Ripple, DoorDash, Dropbox, Boosted Boards, Roblox and Stitch Fix to name a few. Feel free to check us out on our website, Facebook page, Twitter or on Instagram (@thehatchagency) to learn a bit more.
The ideal candidate will have six to eight years of direct experience in public relations, media relations, and corporate communications. Additionally, he/she will have two to three years experience supervising individuals and managing teams.
- Project Management: Takes full ownership and responsibility for account teams, programs and projects; oversees teams and ensures all deadlines and client expectations are met; develops and executes strategic programs and initiatives
- Client Relations: Provides client counsel; helps run client meetings and provides high-level input on strategy; interacts with senior and C-level executives; monitors client health and works to provide new ideas and solutions to maintain client satisfaction; demonstrates excellent judgment and discretion in difficult client and staff situations; supports media training sessions
- Strategy: Grows existing accounts through additional agency service offerings; able to analyze information and situations to develop creative communications plans that achieve client goals; develops and executes third-party reference program
- Media/Analyst Relations: Provides strategic direction on major media programs, campaigns, and events; has established relationships with multiple media/analysts across a variety of sectors and leverages relationships to secure strategic media opportunities for the clients and agency
- Content Creation: Excellent writing and editing skills; able to write and edit all materials; create and edit presentations and plans. For speaking, award and review programs guide strategy; oversees program leaders and managers on teams; develops client positioning
- Messaging/Positioning: Provides strategic insight and counsel; supports high-level positioning and message development; is a key participant in positioning/messaging sessions; owns execution of thought leadership programs
- Account Management: Responsible for managing client budget and communications around monthly billing; finalizes monthly reports; provides input and solutions for account staffing; works with Directors and VP’s to manage the account team’s resources and work flow while managing the budget; mentors SAE and AE growth and development; leads programs and initiatives as assigned
Agency Roles: Participates in new business process; leads agency trainings; participates in hiring decisions; is a Career Coach and prepares reviews and regular assessments; proactively mentors and provides positive feedback and constructive suggestions to teams/peers; make suggestions and contributions to Hatch employee training and development programs; is an active member of the Leadership Team