Account Executives are focused on the success of on-going programs (i.e. customer visibility, reviews, media programs, speaking, and awards) as well as work on projects, events, and launches. They have well developed client and teamwork skills and help foster the growth of Assistant Account Executives and Interns on their teams. Account Executives develop relationships with clients, media and influencers.
We are working remotely during this time, but when it is safe to do so, we will return to in-person work so we are looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Minimum 2-4 years public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined). Strong preference for people with experience in tech PR.
- Project Management: Is solutions focused; takes accountability for actions; understands how to best prioritize tasks or assignments; demonstrates a high level of organizational skills; meets deadlines; sees projects through to completion; attention to detail; confidence and competency in reviewing client facing and internal documents
- Client Relations: Key contributor or owner of projects and programs; builds trust with client contact and teams; professional demeanor; able to analyze and contextualize information and begin to form strategic recommendations
- Media/Analyst Relations: Draft pitches; pitches media, books press tours and dinners; manages press calls; reviews and edits briefing materials; identifies appropriate media targets; builds media relationships on behalf of the clients and agency; owns media opportunities from start to finish
- Speaking/Awards Program: Identify, recommend and secure speaking and award opportunities; lead speaking/awards programs; prepare conference briefs
- Customer/User Program: Draft pitches and case studies; create and maintain database of customer/user references; conduct customer/user interviews
- Reviews Program: Draft product review pitches and supporting materials, create reviewer media lists, white glove support through-out review
- Content Creation: Excellent writing and editing skills; able to write and edit materials (Social Media, press releases, blog posts, etc.)
- Research: Analyze and interpret research and provide recommendations
- Client Knowledge: Understands the client’s business goals, market position, competitive set, and their key messages
- Account Management: Displays attention to detail across all client facing documents and emails, review and finalize materials; mentors AAE and Intern growth and development; lead programs as assigned
- Agency Roles: Participate in new business process; lead agency trainings; is an active participant across the agency; input on hiring decisions; input on annual reviews; trains new employees; is a resource for AAE’s and Interns
- Dedicated team player
- Takes initiative and solution focused
- Highly organized
- Good judgment
- Critical thinker
- Knowledge and passion for learning
- Embodies Hatch values; sets a positive example